We are Future Fields, a group of Canadian innovators working to expand the reach of cellular agriculture into accessible consumer products. We are developing a cost-effective and scalable serum-free growth media for producing cellular agriculture products.
The culture at Future Fields is one of innovation and growth. We are continually learning and evolving. We focus on collaborative discussion and encouraging execution of new ideas and empower our team to do so.
We have an inclusive environment. Leave your ego at the door, as ego prevents learning, development and innovation. We are dedicated to taking risks and developing new ideas. We are believers in “failing forward” and leveraging our mistakes to help us grow. Future Fields believes that every employee is integral to the team and contributes to the success of the team as we build an entirely novel industry.
Come and join our team at Future Fields! As a Bioprocess Engineer, you will research and develop innovative strategies for scaling and automating our biological platform. Projects will focus on developing systems to optimize yields of our various biological processes and develop scalable methods for all elements of our production system. This will include mathematical modelling, systems design, prototype development, process development, and other various biotechnological processes.
What you will work on:
- Developing strategies to scale our biological platform.
- Developing strategies to scale our protein purification processes.
- Optimizing yields of our biological and biochemical processes.
- Collaborating with the rest of the scientific team to assess progress, determine next steps, and optimize our products and processes.
- Collaborating with other members of the team to develop financial models for scaling biological and biochemical processes.
- Writing standard operating procedures.
- Miscellaneous laboratory tasks.
- BEng in Biosciences or related field.
- Background or experience in biology or biochemistry.
- Background or experience in biotechnology.
- Experience in bioprocessing.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals when working at FutureFields.
- Agility - The successful candidate will be able to work in short cycles, execute ideas and prototypes in short succession, and work on multiple shifting priorities
- Collaboration - To be successful in the role, teamwork is required as there will be many moving parts to the operation
- Mastery - We believe in lifelong learning. Employees should be constantly seeking to improve their core competencies and demonstrate passion for continual learning and development
- Optimization - Successful candidates value working as a team to bounce ideas off of each other, build new ideas and create optimal solutions
- Inquisitive - Successful candidates will ask questions and are open to learning new concepts, ideas, and strategies
- Ownership - Successful candidates will take ownership of their work and are comfortable being autonomous
- Vision - Successful candidates will share in the vision of the company: cellular agriculture will revolutionize global food systems
- Future Fields offers competitive compensation, plus vested stock options.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
What we offer:
- Leadership and mentorship opportunities
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture
- Work in the state of the art TEC centre Labs in downtown Edmonton.
How to Apply
As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file using the following suggested naming convention: Lastname,Firstname_bpe
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org